Australian slipper label, Monte Store is looking for a multi-skilled product developer who has the ability to develop a product from concept to sample to join their team on a casual/freelance basis.
You will be responsible for creating and developing new products from start to finish and improving existing. The responsibilities include conducting market research, trend forecasting, technical and manufacturing management, and developing samples.
To be successful you should have design knowledge, a fashion background, solid knowledge of the prototype design and manufacturing process and, highly innovative and creative.
• Proven working experience as a footwear or fashion Product Developer or Designer
• Experience in technical fabrications and manufacturing processes
• Strong understanding of footwear construction
• Impeccable time management
• Be comfortable using Design software
• Possess creative, innovative and out-of-the-box thinking
• Problem-solving skills
• Enjoy working in a small team and start-up environment
• Creation and concept of new styles
• Determining product specifications
• Supporting manufacturing and design activities by developing prototypes for products in development
• Make submission comments on all fabric, Lab dip and print submissions that come in and revert comments to the factory
• Manage core testing of all fabrics and ensure they meet set standards
• Overseeing and managing manufacturing timeline
Click ‘apply now’ to submit your cover letter and CV to the employer, and we’ll add you to receive weekly updates from FJ Careers.
To be kept in the loop with fashion industry job openings, subscribe to Fashion Journal’s Careers updates here.