WENN – Dec 21, 2020 / 7:49 am | Story: 319878

Late rocker Eddie Van Halen has been posthumously honoured with The National GUITAR Museum’s Lifetime Achievement Award.

The Van Halen axe-slayer – who passed away after a lengthy battle with cancer in October – has become the first guitarist to be recognized with the accolade in memoriam for his contribution to the history of guitar playing.

The National GUITAR Museum said in a statement: “It is perhaps fitting that we don’t need to explain why Eddie is deserving of such an honor, everyone who has ever heard his guitar playing knows. Eddie certainly would have received this award at some point in the future, as it seemed that he still had a lifetime of guitar greatness to give.

“Several of the people we’ve honored over the past decade have left us in the years since we presented them with the award. In this case, however, the sadness of Eddie Van Halen’s passing is somehow harder to accept.

“Thanks, Eddie. We only wish we could deliver this in person.”

Previous recipients include Black Sabbath’s Tony Iommi and the late B.B. King and Glen Campbell.

WENN – Dec 21, 2020 / 7:47 am | Story: 319877

J.K. Rowling has reportedly earned over $800,000 per month over the past two years.

The 55-year-old author – who is is best known for writing the Harry Potter series – has earned as much as $848,710 a month over the last couple of years – in part, thanks to the success of her Cormoran Strike books, which have been turned into a TV series.

Rowling – who writes the Strike books under the name Robert Galbraith – raked in $17,115,943 in 2018 and $3,258,806 last year from a company that deals with her TV work, according to The Sun newspaper.

The Strike series has been transformed into TV shows by her Bronte Film and Television production company, which is also responsible for The Casual Vacancy series on HBO, as well as the Harry Potter show in London’s West End.

The company turned over $23,981,310 last year, according to accounts lodged with Companies House, which confirmed a significant increase from $17,985,982 in 2018.

The accounts said: “Post lockdown, the company and the group is very well placed to deliver a strong financial result.”

Meanwhile, Rowling previously admitted she doubted a publishing company would ever throw its support behind her Harry Potter books.

The novels have become one of the most successful franchises in history, but Rowling initially doubted whether the books would become a commercial success.

She said: “I did have a belief, with Harry, that the difficult thing would be persuading someone to take it, because it didn’t fit.

“People said children’s books had to be half the length, and what an old-fashioned subject, a boarding school. I did have this feeling that the difficult thing would be persuading someone to publish it – but that if it was, people would like it.”

WENN – Dec 21, 2020 / 7:45 am | Story: 319876

CBS’ highly-anticipated Silence of the Lambs sequel Clarice won’t mention killer Hannibal Lecter.

The show picks up just one year after the events of the iconic Thomas Harris novel and the movie of the same name but, according to executive producer Alex Kurtzman, they were “banned” from even mentioning the character, played by Anthony Hopkins.

He tells Entertainment Weekly the rights to all of the characters in Thomas Harris’ novels are split between MGM and The Dino De Laurentiis Company, which produced The Silence of the Lambs, meaning the show couldn’t obtain license to feature Lecter.

“I’m still trying to understand how the rights are divided. But it’s been quite liberating because we have no interest in writing about Hannibal – not because we didn’t love the films and the show, but because it was done so well by so many people that it didn’t feel fresh for us,” Kurtzman said.

While the first season won’t feature the title character on the hunt for a serial killer, he teases there will be “an entity that represents something that we deal with in our lives all the time.”

“It’s a more expanded, nuanced, complicated, and topical version of a serial killer,” Kurtzman added.

Series co-creator Jenny Lumet adds the show will also explore the “white gaze,” explaining: “There’s no ‘black best friend’ thing going on here, that would be intolerable to us.

“We take a big bite into the relationship between a young black woman and a young white woman who are best friends, and have each other’s complete support, yet have never had the conversation about the differences in their lives – and Clarice has a lot of catching up to do.”

Clarice, starring Rebecca Breeds in the title role, debuts Feb. 11 on CBS.

165213

WENN – | Story: 319875

The Wanted star Tom Parker is suffering with memory loss due to his brain tumour treatment.

The British singer was diagnosed with stage four glioblastoma and as a result of the chemotherapy and radiotherapy he is receiving, he has been struggling with his memory.

Speaking in a video posted on Instagram, he said: “As some of you know, I have been through chemo and radio, haven’t I? Which was pretty god-d**n brutal, but some of the side effects from the chemo and radio are you get bad memory loss.

“Mine was already bad, wasn’t it? But it’s the weirdest thing because like, I’ll go to her (wife Kelsey), ‘What did I just do?’ But I can remember stuff like this. What have we got? A Heart of Te Fiti (ancient gem featured in Disney’s Moana movie) for Christmas? How do you remember that? Stupid.”

The couple, parents to one-year-old daughter Aurelia and newborn son Bodhi, shared the heartbreaking news of Tom’s terminal health crisis on Instagram in October, when they vowed to “fight this all the way” by raising awareness and researching the treatments available.

WENN – Dec 21, 2020 / 7:40 am | Story: 319874

Maren Morris has pulled the plug on her planned RSVP Tour amid the pandemic.

The Girl hitmaker had already postponed the jaunt due to coronavirus crisis and, in a statement on Friday, she confirmed the tour has been canceled altogether due to the uncertainty over when music venues will be allowed to reopen again.

“Hi Darlings,” wrote the 30-year-old. “There is so much hope with this vaccine being distributed in 2021, but we are still unsure of when we will be able to do the tour next year.

“With the prospect of, yet again, rescheduling half of the dates already becoming a reality, I have decided to cancel the RSVP tour,” the singer explained, before adding that customers with tickets will receive “a full refund from the point of purchase.”

However, it’s not all bad news for fans – the My Church singer went on to thank her followers for their “patience” and revealed that she filled up some of her recent downtime by writing new songs.

“I am in the midst of working on my third record, so I hope we all can come together and enjoy live shows safely again soon,” she revealed, adding, “Love you so much, M.”

WENN – Dec 21, 2020 / 7:35 am | Story: 319873

Eminem has used his reissued album Music to Be Murdered By to publicly apologize to Rihanna following the leak of an old freestyle in which he appeared to side with her abuser Chris Brown.

The seven-second clip, reportedly recorded during sessions for Eminem’s 2009 album Relapse, hit headlines last year after it was uploaded online by a Reddit user.

In the footage, the Lose Yourself hitmaker suggests he can understand why Brown lashed out at his then-girlfriend following a pre-Grammys party in 2009, rapping: “I’d side with Chris Brown, I’d beat down a b**ch too” – seemingly referring to Chris and Rihanna’s physical altercation, which launched years of legal woes for Brown.

At the time of the leak, Eminem’s representative insisted the verse was scrapped almost as soon as the rapper had recorded it over a decade ago, and claimed the hip-hop star has a “great relationship” with Rihanna, his collaborator on the hits Love The Way You Lie, Numb, and Monster.

Now, on the track Zeus, one of 16 new songs added to the revamped Music to Be Murdered By, Eminem expresses heartfelt remorse for ever uttering the words.

He spits, “But, me, long as I re-promise to be honest, and wholeheartedly, apologies, Rihanna/For that song that leaked, I’m sorry, Ri. It wasn’t meant to cause you grief/Regardless, it was wrong of me.”

Rihanna has yet to comment on the leaked clip or the song apology.

Meanwhile, the Diamonds singer isn’t the only music peer name-checked on Zeus – he also addresses Snoop Dogg, months after the California hip-hop legend insisted Eminem owes all of his success to superproducer and mutual friend Dr. Dre.

Expressing his disappointment at Snoop’s summer swipe, Eminem raps, “And as far as squashin’ beef, I’m used to people knockin’ me/But, just not in my camp. I’m diplomatic, ’cause I’m tryna be/Last thing I need is Snoop doggin’ me/Man, dog, you was like a damn God to me/Man, not really. I had dog backwards.”

WENN – Dec 21, 2020 / 7:33 am | Story: 319872

Actress Gillian Anderson has reportedly called it quits with The Crown creator Peter Morgan after four years of dating.

The X-Files star recently teamed up with Morgan to portray former U.K. Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher on season four of the hit Netflix royal drama, but now they have decided to part ways personally, according to the Daily Mail’s Baz Bamigboye.

The news emerges weeks after Anderson insisted they had a great time working together on set: “Somehow, we managed to get through it OK, and it was fun and actually really lovely to do something together,” she said in late November.

The former couple embarked on the romance in 2016.

Prior to her relationship with the British screenwriter/producer, Anderson dated Mark Griffiths, the father of her two sons, from 2006 to 2015.

She also has an adult daughter from her first marriage to Clyde Klotz, while Morgan has five children from his union to Lila Schwarzenberg.

WENN – Dec 20, 2020 / 11:25 am | Story: 319828

Pop superstar Ariana Grande is celebrating the holidays as a bride-to-be.

The 7 Rings hitmaker shared the happy news via Instagram on Sunday, as she posted a slideshow of photos with her new fiance, Dalton Gomez, including two in which the singer gives fans a close-up look at her unique diamond and pearl engagement ring.

“Forever n then some (sic),” she captioned the pictures.

Her manager, Scooter Braun, was among the first to offer up his well wishes online, writing, “congrats to these two amazing souls. Ari we love you and could not be happier for you. Dalton you are a lucky man.”

Singer Tinashe expressed her excitement by simply commenting, “Screamingggggg,” and model Hailey Bieber added, “YAYYYYYY!!!! so happy for you guys!!”

Ariana has been linked to the luxury real estate agent since March, and in May, she confirmed the relationship by dancing and kissing her new man in video footage shot at home for her Justin Bieber collaboration, Stuck With U.

Dalton also made a cameo in the musician’s Rain on Me promo with Lady Gaga.

It’s not Ariana’s first marriage proposal – she was also briefly engaged to comedian Pete Davidson following a whirlwind romance in 2018.

WENN – Dec 19, 2020 / 5:29 pm | Story: 319799

Leah Remini has accused Tom Cruise of losing his temper on the set of Mission: Impossible 7 purely as a “publicity stunt”.

The actor lost his cool recently when he spotted two assistants huddled around a monitor, watching playback, ignoring social distancing rules he had helped to introduce to try and keep the set of the forthcoming blockbuster coronavirus-free.

He launched into a furious tirade. threatening to fire anyone who didn’t take the rules seriously and, while many have applauded the star for taking the regulations so seriously, Remini was distinctly unimpressed with his actions.

The Saved By The Bell star spoke about Cruise’s long-held faith in the Church of Scientology, accusing him of losing his temper for publicity.

Explaining that Scientologists, including Cruise, don’t believe in illness and consider it to be connected to “suppressive” people, Remini explained what she believed his motives were for the tantrum.

“Tom does not care about the families of his crew; this is all for publicity. Tom does not believe in family values,” she shared. “I would bet that Tom had this rant written for him and had his Scientology assistant record and release it.

“Hearing a rich actor with enormous power address his crew in this way is a sign of weakness and a deeply troubled person,” added the star, before questioning the Top Gun star’s mental wellbeing

“His mental state is showing. Tom seems to think that Hollywood is incapable of making films without his help,” she stated. “Saying such a thing indicates the godlike figure Tom believes he is, and what he is told by Scientology.

“This is an actor with enormous power on the set of his film, this is not just a guy in the middle of a public place standing up to someone for not wearing a mask. This is Tom friggin’ Cruise wielding his power and threatening and degrading his crew.”

Remini wrapped by accusing the organization as a whole of being “manipulative”, sharing: “In addition, Scientologists are so manipulative and abusive that they believe that this ‘tone’ is the ‘winning tone’ of the country right now and therefore can only help Tom’s reputation to have this leaked.”

WENN – Dec 19, 2020 / 5:29 pm | Story: 319798

Pink is in hospital after fracturing her ankle while running down the stairs.

The Walk Me Home hitmaker, 41, took to Instagram in the early hours of Saturday (19Dec20) morning to share a selfie from hospital, showing the star wearing a face mask as she received treatment.

“As if surviving covid wasn’t enough for this poop sandwich of a year! Well, I got my stitches out from drying that wine glass, that went well,” she penned. “Then I recovered from my very first staph infection for no reason (cry for help?) (right knee was lonely?) so I thought I’d fracture my ankle!”

The Just Like Fire star continued: “Later tonight I’m gonna climb inside a raw chicken and see if I can’t check out what salmonella’s like! 2020 is the gift that keeps on giving…”

Explaining the cause of her most recent injury, Pink, real name Alecia Beth Moore, detailed: “I was actually running down the stairs trying to see the Christmas star! Ha! Turns out it’s not until the 21st. Happy holidays everyone! Who wants a Negroni!”

Back in May, Pink opened up on the “terrifying” experience she and her three-year-old son Jameson endured as they both battled Covid-19, calling their health scare “physically and emotionally challenging” in an essay published by NBC News.

The Canadian Press – Dec 18, 2020 / 2:45 pm | Story: 319723

Kobe Bryant’s widow has denounced a lawsuit from her mother claiming she is owed years of pay for working as an unpaid assistant and support promised by the basketball legend, who was killed in a helicopter crash in January.

Vanessa Bryant issued a statement Thursday saying her mother was trying to “extort a financial windfall,” the Los Angeles Times reported.

The 48-page lawsuit filed by Sofia Urbieta Laine, 68, claims Kobe Bryant “promised to take care” of her for life.

“Unfortunately, Kobe Bryant’s promise did not see the light of day as he is now deceased and Vanessa Bryant took each and every step she could to void and cancel all of Kobe’s promises,” the lawsuit claims, asserting that Vanessa Bryant never intended to honour those wishes.

Kobe Bryant, 13-year-old daughter Gianna and seven others died Jan. 26 when their helicopter crashed in the hills of Calabasas. Financial experts estimate Vanessa Bryant inherited control of an estate worth up to $600 million, the Times said.

Vanessa Bryant’s statement said she and her husband allowed her mother to live for free in one of their properties on the tony Newport Beach coast but never promised her anything or discouraged her from providing for herself.

“She was a grandmother who was supported by me and her son-in-law at my request,” Vanessa Bryant said. “She now wants to back charge me $96 per hour for supposedly working 12 hours a day for 18 years for watching her grandchildren. In reality, she only occasionally babysat my older girls when they were toddlers.”

Vanessa Bryant said that earlier this year she began looking for a new home for her mother and that her mother gave a TV interview in which she claimed she was being forced out of her home and to return a luxury car.

“Even after that betrayal, I was willing to provide my mother with monthly support for the rest of her life, and that wasn’t good enough,” Vanessa Bryant said. “She, instead, contacted me through intermediaries — contrary to what she claims, my phone number hasn’t changed — and demanded $5 million, a house and a Mercedes SUV.”

WENN – Dec 18, 2020 / 7:30 am | Story: 319665

UPDATE: 7:30 a.m.

Tom Cruise is reportedly wrapping his 2020 work commitments early following his much-publicized on-set rants.

The superstar lost his cool recently when he spotted two assistants huddled around a monitor, watching playback, ignoring social distancing rules he had helped to introduce to try and keep the set of the forthcoming Mission: Impossible 7 coronavirus-free.

He launched into a furious tirade threatening to fire anyone who didn’t take the rules seriously and, according to The Sun, the 58-year-old actor will be taking a break from filming the movie for an early Christmas holiday.

According to the publication, Friday will be his final day on set for the year and, from there, he plans to take his private jet to Miami, where he’ll spend some time with his son, Connor.

“It has been exhausting keeping the production on track for so long, and it’s not getting any easier. Christmas can’t come soon enough,” an insider told the outlet. 

“Tom has decided he’s ready for a break and is now going to wind up filming for 2020 on Friday, and fly to Miami over the weekend on his private jet to spend Christmas with his son.”

The source added: “It’s the end of a really tough year, and a bit of time out seems like a good idea for everyone as tensions have been mounting for a while.”


ORIGINAL: 7:10 a.m.

Five crewmembers from Tom Cruise’s new Mission: Impossible blockbuster have reportedly quit following a second on-set outburst from the action man about COVID-19 safety violations.

The superstar lost his cool recently when he spotted two assistants huddled around a monitor, watching playback, ignoring social distancing rules he had helped to introduce to try and keep the set coronavirus-free.

He launched into a furious rant threatening to fire anyone who didn’t take the rules seriously.

“We are creating thousands of jobs, you motherf**kers,” he raged at the Warner Bros. Studios in Hertfordshire, England. “I don’t ever want to see it again, ever! And if you don’t do it you’re fired, if I see you do it again you’re f**king gone.”

The audio was leaked by The Sun on Tuesday, and shortly after the news hit headlines, he allegedly unleashed another tirade at cast and crewmembers – prompting a handful of staffers to resign.

“The first outburst was big but things haven’t calmed since,” a source told The Sun. “Tension has been building for months and this was the final straw. Since it became public, there has been more anger and several staff have walked.

“But Tom just can’t take any more after all the lengths they have gone to just to keep filming at all. He’s upset others aren’t taking it as seriously as him. In the end, he’s the one who carries the can.”

Representatives for Cruise and Paramount Pictures studio officials have yet to comment on the news.

Mission: Impossible 7, directed by Christopher McQuarrie, is due for release in November 2021.

More Entertainment News



Source link

Author

Write A Comment

//daichoho.com/4/3584464