Design Assistant – Accessories
|job title:||Design Assistant – Accessories|
We are looking for a passionate and engaged Design Assistant, to support the Senior Designer develop our accessories ranges including leather goods, footwear, jewellery and other accessories as required.
- Produce illustrated visual storyboards of seasonal ranges
- Draw up all initial designs as briefed by the Senior Designer
- Produce specification packs for seasonal designs
- Accurately manage style tracker
- Manage lab dips, trims and materials for each design
- Liaise with offshore suppliers
- Assist with the development of relationships with new manufacturers
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You have a love of fashion and have a positive, proactive, solutions focussed mindset. You take a great deal of pride in your ability to operate with a high degree of organisation, attention to detail and to stay on track in line with the design calendar. You know Adobe Illustrator like the back of your hand and have at least 1 year experience working in a role responsible for accessories (ideally accompanied by experience working with both footwear and leather).
Your values are aligned to ours – you’re focussed on sustainability both personally and professionally, and you love nothing more than being part of a collaborative, supportive and nurturing team where everyone lends a hand to get the job done.
- At least 1+ years experience working in a similar role, responsible for accessories (ideally accompanied by both footwear and leather)
- In depth knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- Formal qualification in textiles production, fashion and textiles management, fashion and clothing technology or related industry (desired)
- Experience using WFX (desired)
- Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
- Genuine commitment to work life balance
- Market leading product discounts for you, your family & friends
- 2 days paid volunteer leave every year
A pioneer of Australian design, ELK was established in 2004 in Melbourne, Australia. The ELK aesthetic holds a unique place within the international fashion landscape. With a highly considered approach by brand founders Marnie and Adam, ELK collections resonate with their global audience through sustainable and ethical practices, design refinement, trend curation and an intellect that is innately their own. Their sculptural accessories, hand-made leather and ready-to-wear collections define their artful vision while their devotion to ethical and sustainable practices has endured them as a leader in the practice of responsible innovation for the fashion industry.
Click ‘apply now’ to submit your cover letter and CV to the employer, and we’ll add you to receive weekly updates from FJ Careers.
To be kept in the loop with fashion industry job openings, subscribe to Fashion Journal’s Careers updates here.